Omogade 8, 2nd floor
+45 45 46 10 88
Andrew Woods, Director: A.Woods@SheltonsGroup.com
Why Sheltons Denmark?
We are highly specialised and skilled – we work exclusively with foreign-based businesses doing business in or with Denmark
We are very focused on UK-based businesses coming in to Denmark
We are a ‘one-stop shop’ providing a wide range of tax, legal, administrative, accounting and expat relocation services focused on this target group
We have an in-depth knowledge of the issues facing
We are small, sharp and efficient
See www.SheltonsGroup.com/Denmark for further information and for examples of client cases.
Sheltons Denmark | Working exclusively with internationally operating businesses
Sheltons – who are we?
Sheltons is a highly professional and well-established independent accounting, advisory, and educational firm - working exclusively with internationally operating businesses.
We have offices in Australia, Denmark, Malta and (soon) the United Kingdom.
Sheltons was established by Ned Shelton in 1994. Since the early days, Sheltons has delivered quality services to international clients, covering accounting, taxation, administration, law and general business advice; since 1997 we have conducted conferences and courses on international tax throughout the world – and we have just launched a specialist international expat relocation service.
Our primary services can be summarised as follows.
Accounting and business advisory services: Services cover from basic payroll administration and bookkeeping to advanced accounting, preparing full annual reports and providing business advice.
Tax services: We have extensive experience providing local advice, multi-jurisdictional tax advice and advice on tax treaty issues and cross-border tax efficient structuring.
International expat relocation services: We assist the employer with the relocation of their valuable staff.
International Tax Training: Sheltons-SITTI delivers a variety of international taxation courses on an ‘in-house’ as well as an ‘open’ course basis - in locations throughout the world
Sheltons Denmark – our UK focus
We have a very strong focus on UK-based businesses operating in Denmark. This has been a major influence in our decision to open an office in London. The London office will be established in the second half of 2016.
We are a multinational team including individuals from Denmark, the UK and elsewhere. Andrew Woods, who has headed up Sheltons Denmark for over three years, is himself originally from the UK.
For a Danish firm we at Sheltons Denmark are very familiar with the UK, from the tax and company law aspects through to business knowledge, business culture, history, geography and politics.
We are very frequently in the UK, visiting clients and potential clients in all parts of the UK.
We refuse to become a member of any accounting firm network, and indeed have not been a member of any such network since 1997. This facilitates a smooth and stress-free working relationship with our UK-based clients’ accountants.
Sheltons Denmark – our focus and our size, and our efficiency
We are a small, independent firm, with more than 20 years’ experience working only with internationally operating businesses – indeed working exclusively with inbound investors into Denmark. Accordingly, we are able to deliver quality services exceptionally efficiently.
Sheltons Denmark – our services
Sheltons Denmark focuses on providing a wide range of highly professional accounting, tax, administration, business advisory and expat relocation services to foreign companies doing business in or with Denmark, and to individuals moving to Denmark.
Our primary services are outlined below.
Accounting services and business advice
Full range of tax consulting and compliance services, from extensive advice on complex international tax issues to the preparation of tax returns for staff
VAT advice and administration
Company law advice and company secretarial services
Expat relocation services, covering from assisting with visas, opening bank accounts and finding accommodation through to advising on and recommending Danish language courses, cultural groups and schools
Payroll services including tax advice to employers and employees
Employment law, visas and related
Permanent establishment issues, taxation of employees, responsibilities as employer, the need to register a branch, etc.
Registration of branches of foreign companies in Denmark as well as subsidiaries
Periodic bookkeeping and financial reporting
Year-end compliance and reporting under IFRS or Local GAAP.
Case studies - examples of how we assist clients
Client example 1
UK-based client (consulting engineers) sought advice regarding Danish
- employee taxation for local staff and UK-expatriates
- permanent establishment (taxable branch) issues
- payroll administration
We provided the initial advice on the employee-taxation issues and whether the UK company would have a taxable permanent establishment in Denmark.
We provide on-going salary administration and ad-hoc advice on employee taxation issues.
Client example 2
German publicly listed software company; produce and selling software for the insurance industry
- They wished to employ one person in Denmark as a project manager
- We provided advice on the best legal form and the associated timing and costs of each alternative form
- We then set up the chosen entity (a branch)
- We registered the branch for all necessary taxes, and as an employer
- We supply payroll administration and quarterly VAT returns, along with payroll year-end compliance work
- We provide advice from time-to-time, covering from employment law to VAT and Danish company tax issues
Client example 3
UK-based client was interested in incorporating a Danish entity in relation to IT support for a large Danish company
- We advised on the best corporate entity for the Danish market
- We provided comprehensive tax and legal advice, as well as advice on practical matters, relevant to the employment of foreign-based individuals
- We set up the local Danish entity, registered it for VAT and as an employer and opened the bank account
- We provide the registered office
- We provide payroll administration and VAT compliance services
- We prepare year-end financial statements and all year/end company secretarial and tax services
- We provide ad-hoc advice, on tax, employment matters and other areas
Client example 4
European publicly listed client in the finance and banking sector, with subsidiaries in over 20 countries
- We supply comprehensive payroll administration services and attend to all VAT compliance matters
- We prepare year-end financial statements in compliance with IFRS including interest calculations and provisional tax calculations, as well as full year-end tax compliance
- We provide ad-hoc advice on tax, employment matters, transfer pricing and other areas
Client example 5
North American client in the construction industry, specialising in the development of luxury recreational resorts
- We supply comprehensive advice on all aspects of compliance matters
- We prepare half yearly and year-end consolidated financial statements in compliance with IFRS, including interest calculations and provisional tax calculations, as well as full year-end tax compliance
- We have assisted the entity in the conversion from an ApS (equivalent of UK Ltd) to an SE (European (public) Limited Company) entity
- We assisted in the re-domiciliation of the entity to another country
- We provide ad-hoc advice on tax, transfer pricing and other areas
© Copyright Sheltons 2016
All rights reserved. The information contained on this page may be shared, quoted or otherwise disseminated and/or reproduced provided that due reference to Sheltons is made and its copyright is not violated.